Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Big D and the Kids Table Concert




I got out of that meeting last night just in time to see the final two bands at the Elk Rack Entertainment concert. Skunk 11 from Pittsburgh and the main event. I did miss the first two bands, so hopefully I'll be able to catch them another time.

They weren't exactly my type of music, but they had a lot of energy and the kids there sure enjoyed it. (OK, anyone under 25 or so is a kid to me) There were a few songs I liked.

Randy and our daughter were there for the entire thing. This was her first concert, so I got her a tee shirt of Big D. She's wearing it to band practice this morning. Our son went to see Survivor in concert when he was about a year old. He doesn't remember a thing about it, of course. He went to a CD release party last year, but didn't enjoy it very much. He has had ear problems his entire life, including almost a dozen surgeries to rebuild eardrums and hearing bones. The loud music hurt him, even with earplugs in.

Between Randy and myself, we took a couple hundred photos during the concert. I'll add a couple of my favorites. I need to go through all of them and print out the best for my portfolio and scrapbook.

Today is a much calmer schedule, just catching up on writing a few articles and getting the photos up to the paper. Still have the headache. The high humidity always sets them off.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Hi Gretchen, Anyone under forty is a "kid" to me.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

My days of concert going are over.
I am content to listen in the comfort of my home to the music show on CBC Radio hosted by Randy Bachman, (Bachman Turner Overdrive, The Who). Very informative and brings back memories.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

I have those nasty high humidity headaches, too. Nothing seems to get rid of them for me.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home