Monday, July 16, 2007

Sleep Well, true and faithful friend



My beloved Golden Adonis left us on Wednesday afternoon to wait for me at the Rainbow Bridge. He was only seven years old and truly my best friend.

I still can't talk about it, but wanted to put up a little note about him. He deserves much more than an entry on my blog, but it's all I can do for him now.

Rest well, my beloved. Go home and wait for me. You were a true and faithful friend. Until we meet again, I'll love you forever and a day.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger bs said...

i'm so sorry to read this. i lost my childhood pet a couple years ago after a long illness, and it was one of the most painful things i've ever endured. i just wanted to say thank you for your kind words and you have my deepest condolences. adonis was lucky to have been so beloved.

1:33 AM  
Blogger Naturegirl said...

Gretchin I am deeply touched by your tribute to your faithfull friend Adonis! I know your heartache as I have gone through this 3 times in the past 5 years and again recently.
Adonis will always hold that special place in your heart! We never forget our companion fur friends! hugs NG

9:36 PM  
Blogger Jen Kershner said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes. Your sweet guy was obviously a very important part of your family. I think there is something very special about goldens. We have a golden girl that is almost 3. Before her we had a beautiful girl that lived to be 14 1/2. Every day with both of our dogs has been a blessing and I can't imagine having any other kind of dog. May you be comforted by your wonderful memories and your faith.

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The photos of you with your sweet true & faithful friend speak volumns. Such love and devotion.
Peace~
Becky

12:13 PM  
Blogger Fabrizio Zanelli said...

I really understand you. I have a pet (a sweet kitty) and I should come out mad if one day he would die.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home