Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Election Day


Here it is going on 11 p.m. and I'm sitting here waiting for the final election results to come in, so I can finish up my article and get some sleep. One race is too close to call, with the second and third hopeful only 8 votes apart. Only two will make it to the November election, so that race just shows how important every vote is.

I do vote in every election and have for as long as I can remember. My 12-year old son has gone with me since before he was born. He knows it's important to vote. Of course, the fact that we always go for donuts afterwards might have something to do with it. We do talk about issues and he knows what his party will be when he turns 18 and can vote himself. He has learned a bit by reading some of my articles and going to the websites I visit regularly. That might not be a good thing, but at least he has chosen a side and it's not the dark side! I'm sure most people know my thoughts if you've read this blog even casually or have ever talked to me. :)

Only one precinct left to come in. I can't even begin to imagine what those two people are going through right now. I know I wouldn't have any fingernails left.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home