Monday, August 06, 2007

Just another Manic Monday


If you grew up in the 80's you'll know the song and artist that line came from. Today sure fits it.

Woke up late with another wonderful headache. Couldn't just stay in bed and make it go away because my daughter had to be at band practice at 9 a.m. and didn't have anything for lunch, so it was stop at the store and race to the school.

Then it was call the neurologist to get the prescription refilled. (Not that the stuff works). Then time to make sure our credentials were set for the Big D and the Kids' Table concert tonight. Then another interview, write a couple articles and fix lunch for my little man.

He's pretty upset because his XBox 360 died this morning. It couldn't happen at a worse moment. This week is packed with stuff for work.

I have an interview to do at 5, then concert starts at 7:30 tonight, but I have a meeting to cover at 7 that I can't miss. Hopefully I'll get out of there before the main group starts at 9 p.m. Randy is going to go and photograph the opening bands and do a few interviews with the other bands til I can get there.

Then I'll have to fly home (Luckily, I drive VERY fast) and get everything written and downloaded and sent up to the paper. I won't make deadline for the morning paper, but they'll have it for Wednesday morning's edition.

I do love my job, but sometimes, I think it would be nice to have a quiet week or at least spread things out a bit.

If you want to know about Big D and the Kids' Table, you can check out their homepage at: http://www.bigdandthekidstable.com/pages/

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Sounds like you have an overflowing plate! Sorry about the headache, I get bad ones now and then and can barely function!

Manuela
The Feathered Nest

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gretchen.....wanted to thank you for the comment you left on my blog :o) Yes, I remember that song very well, by the Bangles, correct? And whew.....sounds like a never ending day you are having. Hope you can get some rest. Now I am off to try and get that song out of my head :o)

11:47 PM  
Blogger Gina E. said...

Gee Gretchen, I'm not surprised you have headaches with that stress level...take it easy sometimes ESPECIALLY on the roads. That comment of yours about driving fast is a worry..

10:00 AM  
Blogger Saucy said...

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. I love taking photos, just for friends and family mostly... it's so satisfying. I think that's one of the things I love about blogging! Your headaches sound horrid. I suffer also. Straight codiene, that's what I'm on right now. Imatrex did nothing for me. Hope you feel better.

PS. Love the Bangles!

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home