Thursday, February 26, 2009

This week

OK, so I'm a wee bit behind in my blogging duties. I do try, but days go by and I can't even turn on the computer. I was back in the hospital on Monday. Awful time. The nurse couldn't find a vein and stabbed right through it in my wrist. I'm still all swelled and bruised. Finally, she moved up to my inside of the elbow and got one going. Took 4 different IV meds before I was able to sit up and leave. While we were there, the neurologist from Cleveland called our cellphone and discussed the case (me) with the ER doc. Told him what to give me. Demerol is my new friend. :) They aren't use to getting calls from doctors like that, so now they will never treat me like a junkie looking for a fix again. Any migraine patient who has ever had to go to the ER will know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

I'll be back at the Cleveland Clinic on Monday for more tests and probably get all the meds changed. The last ones gave me horrid side effects. It felt like needles were being jabbed into my eyes the entire three weeks I was on them. Then Sunday night, electric shocks were going down my arms and my fingertips went numb. The evil Darth Mittens was licking my eyelids and Aphrodite was going crazy trying to rip the door down to get into me. Once that sensation went away, they both were ok and went back to sleep. Animals know things. They knew something was really wrong. I couldn't sit up or move. It was not a fun night.

I'm feeling pretty decent now, so I did a couple articles for the paper. There is a chainsaw carving rendezvous here in town all week. I stopped by and took photos and talked to a few people. The carvers are really nice people and all are willing to talk, even if their English is broken and my German, Spanish, French and Swedish are beyond broken. :)

Tonight, I went to a BMX bike show with the Rise Above BXM team. They are all nice kids. I guess 24 is still a kid when you're my age. :) I would NEVER do the crazy stuff they do. I'm lucky to be able to ride a bike on a flat road.

Not sure what will happen the rest of the weekend. We leave for Cleveland on Sunday, so packing and all that good stuff will take up most of Saturday. If you're in that area and want to say hello, email me and we'll see if we can arrange it. I have to eat at Outback Steakhouse in Independence and then Hard Rock Cafe. We plan to take Arielle's car and she demands a case of White Castle burgers for the honor of that. KIDS!!!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Gretchen this is awful. They better be able to get you on meds that don't cause this. Better yet, find out what is causing this and fix it.
Yes animals can sense when somethings not right. Take care of yourself. Lisa

2:52 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm thinking of you!

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home