Saturday, January 31, 2009

Daughter's first semi-formal dance

Tonight is Arielle's first semi-formal dance at school. She was beyond excited about it. Her best friend was here an hour early to gossip and fix hair and make up. They both look so pretty! How can I be old enough to have a daughter going to a semi-formal?

When her date showed up, he seemed a little nervous since hubby is a very large man. He brought her a pretty rose wrist corsage. She took it off to put on her jacket and will put it back on once they get to the dance.



Now the wait begins for midnight when the dance ends and she gets home. Yes, I will worry every second. This is also her first date. She's very picky about guys. Her daddy ruined her for every other guy. This boy seems nice. We know his mom and grandparents. Living in a small town, everyone knows everyone.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger threesidesofcrazy said...

As I read this I figure you have another 17 minutes until midnight - hope you haven't worried too much and that she had a great time! I also hope you're feeling better soon. I received an odd box on Thursday, but didn't have a chance to look at it until today and then realized it was the box of ornaments I sent you. The postal service is getting so wonky, they say there was no such address, but I compared it to your email and it was the same. I'll get it back out to you this next week. I wonder where it has been all this time?

11:46 PM  
Blogger That Janie Girl said...

She's so pretty!

12:34 AM  
Blogger Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Hi Gretchen! your daughter looks all grown up. They make a pretty couple, but had to laugh as it looks like his arm is suspended above your daughter's shoulder. Your hubby must have been standing nearby with 'if you touch my daughter...' look:o)
I hope they enjoyed themselves and had a good time. Lisa

8:06 AM  
Blogger Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Me again! I wanted to thank you for the link for migraines. When I was thinking about how often I have been getting them, I was thinking of you. Your right. The doctors don't know what to do. Very sad. Well anyway. Thank you again. Lisa

8:15 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I hope it all went well. She looks beautiful!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

A lovely looking couple. Don't seem to be many body piercings between them. A good sign.

The lad needs to know: hand in suit coat pocket is not cool. Unless of course he is clutching a "going steady" ring! I guess he is nervous.

When I was that age I was very skilled at wooing the mother. Mothers always like me even when the girl didn't.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Sassyfrazz said...

Your daughter is beautiful~ and you have every right to worry. :) They look cute together! I hope they had fun.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home