Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Pittsburgh Pirates



The annual Pittsburgh Pirates winter caravan was in the area the past two days, so of course, I had to go to all three. :) Last night, I weasled my way into an invite-only party to meet all of them. No biggie since I worked at a radio station with one of the sponsors. Always nice to have friends. I had my small scrapbook with and they all signed my baseball page as well as a baseball. My kids each got a set of cards signed and my cousin got a couple posters, cards and baseballs signed.

Today, they were at my son's school. I took a ton of photos and had the team sign my 12x12 scrapbook that I created for sports. Looks pretty cool so far and I just need to add a few of the photos I took to finish off the page. Most of them remembered me from last night and were laughing that I had gotten the photos printed out so quickly. They all autographed them for me.

Once we left the school, it was off to a local radio station where they were having another invite-only party. Yeah, we crashed it, too, but nobody really cared since we have big cameras and I have press credentials. It was nice talking to everyone there. The bus driver was the funniest one. I probably talked to him the most, then got a tour of their bus.

If you ever get a chance to meet any of the team, go for it. They are all very fan friendly and were willing to sign anything and everything put in front of them. They also had photo cards to give to everyone.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Maude Lynn said...

So, that's what I need: a big camera and press credentials!

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home