Thursday, January 25, 2007

Nerve blocks HURT!

I was back to the neurologist in Altoona on Tuesday morning and he decides I need to have an occular nerve block, just to keep me from going completely insane. (Stop laughing!)

I had no idea what it meant and just asked if it hurts. He says "Yes." Good grief, doc, lie to me. The assistant comes in with this HUGE needle and I really start to worry. Do I really need to function? Maybe I'll just be on my way. Too late, he's back and had me sit on a stool, lean over and put my head on the exam table.

Next thing I know, there's this blinding pain as he start stabbing me with that HUGE needle. There were at least five stabs into the base of my skull before he left. ARRRGGGHHH!!! I go horribly sick from that. Luckily, I hadn't eaten before the appointment.

I have to lie down in the dark for about 5-10 minutes because I literally couldn't stand up after that. When I did leave, I was still pretty shaky. What a nightmare that trip was. Didn't even have the energy to stop at Hot Topic! Yes, I was that sick.

I'm able to sit up now and the pain is a very low level. This is the first relief I've had in about a year. I go back in March, unless the block wears off. I'm hoping it just keeps working and no more needles are needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home