Sunday, February 27, 2011

Camera Critters #151


Time for my favorite weekly meme! Yes, it's Camera Critters time!!!!



All the photos were taken at this year's Ridgway Chainsaw Carving Rendezvous. It's their 12th year and everyone I interviewed has said this was the best year ever. It was cold and snowy at times, but the variety of animals carved is unreal. There were many carvings I would have loved to bring home, but they were way out of my price range. At least, I have the photos to remind me of the beauty that can be created with a log and a chainsaw, talent and a lot of imagination!



If you want to see more of the world's best animal photos, stop over at Camera Critter's central

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The carvings that I liked the best were way out of our price range too! My aunt in Florida telephoned last night. When I told her about the chainsaw carvings, she asked if we had brought any home. I told her not physically; however, I have photographs of them. My aunt said that is a good, inexpensive way to bring the carvings home :-)

7:25 AM  
Blogger eileeninmd said...

Cool looking critters. The carvings are just amazing and well done. I have seen some I liked and wish they were more affordable. Thanks for sharing.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Dar said...

I read of your meeting Linda. How wonderful for the two of you. Having met a couple of bloggers, reaffirms the fact that God brings us together for a reason.
Cannot get over those chainsaw carvings. They are masterpieces. Up north we are used to seeing the rough-sawed bears, fish and birds. These are breath-taking.
BlessYourHeart

3:09 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

One of these days, I'll win the lottery and then you'll see my entire yard covered with these gorgeous works of art! A gargoyle will be sitting on our roof, a beautiful male Golden Retriever will be holding the mailbox and a pirate and knight will be guarding the stairs.

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob says he would have liked to bring home the pirate, but it cost more than his motorcycle!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Those are so cool!

Marie
bonkersinbarnhart.com

8:28 PM  
Blogger Willard said...

Amazing images, Gretchen. I really enjoyed you and Linda's posts on this event and your meeting.

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home