Sunday, February 20, 2011

Camera Critters #150



The day is almost over and I just remembered it's time to put up my favorite meme - Camera Critters!!!


This week, I'll be sharing photos from the 12th annual Ridgway Chainsaw Carving Rendezvous. It’s that time of year again when the world’s elite in the extreme art form that is chainsaw carving descend on the small Northwestern Penna. town of Ridgway. What began as a small backyard gathering in the winter of 2000 of six friends has turned into the largest non-competitive event in the world and is the reason Ridgway has been dubbed, “The Chainsaw Capital of the World.” This will mark its 12th year as the week-long event kicked off Saturday and runs through next Saturday, Feb. 26.


The event was the brain child of twin brothers Randy and Rick Boni. After Randy moved away, Rick and his wife Liz have turned the backyard gathering into a world-class event that attracts hundreds of participants and thousands of visitors. Carving is the universal language that everyone speaks, whether their English is polished, broken or non-existent.


If you want to see more animals from around the world, stop over at Camera Critters' central at http://camera-critters.blogspot.com/.

Forgive the lack of clickable links, I had to get a pain shot and I'm having trouble thinking. Hopefully, I'll be more normal tomorrow.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What marvelous carvings! Did you ever see the photographs that I took of the wood carvings that are in Ridgway year round? Here's a link to the post.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Hmmm ... it says page not found. I'll find it when I get my pretty purple laptop out to play with in a couple hours.

Thanks for the visit!

6:47 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

What gorgeous carvings! Just magnificent!

Marie
bonkersinbarnhart.com

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what it says for me, too, when I click on the link. Here is the link that you can copy and paste :-)

http://keystonestatephotographer.blogspot.com/2010/01/enchanted-woodlins.html

9:15 PM  
Blogger Iowa Gardening Woman said...

Wow! Such talent!

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home