Monday, January 31, 2011

I'm Styling and Profiling! WOOOO!!

Thanks to Jenni , My blog is now kn own as a Stylish place to hang out! Thanks for the wonderful award. I truly appreciate your thoughtfulness. :)

I'm suppose to list 7 things about myself, then pass this on to 15 people. How about I list the 7 and just open up the award to all my friends? You're all too important to me to pick and choose. :)

1. I'm a purse addict. Yes, I have to admit it, I can't pass up a purse aisle.
2. I LOVE sterling silver charms and rings and never go anywhere without them on.
(Except for the bracelet that was stolen when we were skiing. What is wrong with
people?)
3. I love animals and would gladly have a houseful of them, but have to be satisfied
with one Golden Retriever named Aphrodite; two cats named Mittens and Athena;
and two hamsters Rube and Yuri.
4. I'm a freelance writer/photographer and spend all the time I can with a camera
in my hands.
5. I suffer from mind-shattering, life-sucking migraines that have taken away most
of my life. I'm not able to drive distances and nobody can help stop them.
6. I'm very into the paranormal and really enjoy going on ghost hunts and reading
all about it. Yes, I WANT TO BELIEVE!
7. Hot Topic is my favorite place to shop and I only wear clothes from there. Yeah,
I'm going through my second teenage days. I embarass the kids to no end when
I wear my skinny jeans and Rocky Horror shirt to school functions. (Why do I
hear Harper Valley PTA theme singing now?)

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Maude Lynn said...

"Well, this is just a little Peyton Place, and you're all Harper Valley hypocrites!"

I wear a Ramones t-shirt to school functions.

5:37 PM  
Blogger JennyD said...

Well, Gretchen, you stylish maven you, I am thrilled that you are happy with the award and I loved this post of yours. You're an animal person just like I am (aren't they the best things in this world)and I love all the other tidbits like the bracelet charms, etc. I sure wish the thief of your charm bracelet would get a major case of the guilts and turn it in, but....well, you know the odds.
Hey, did you tell your son that he looked like Dr McDreamy in the younger days? He'll probably say, "Who?" Hahaha.
Cya soon! XOXOXO

9:49 PM  
Blogger JennyD said...

I came back to tell you something. Now I haven't ever blogged about it, but maybe one day, hard to say at the moment. It has to do with your quest for proof of life after death. I can tell you without the slightest hesitation that there is. I am a documented case of being declared dead, and I was for 6.5 minutes. But during that time, it was more than extraordinary, and yes, there is another side that's actually "home". So much to tell but maybe one day.
XOXOXO

8:04 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hi, my friend! Thanks for the "award" and visiting me to tell me.

After reading the other comments, I totally want to hear more from JennyD! I'm intrigued...

11:43 PM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I thought you might have mentioned your favourite civil war site,Gettysburg. I guess 7 items is too limiting for a person with an interesting life.

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a purse addict; however, I do have several purses. I can't seem to find that one perfect bag!

I don't wear jewelry. I would wear my engagement and wedding rings, if they still fit. Maybe one day my ring finger will reduce in size so that the rings fit again! I hope that you are able to recover eventually all of the charms that were on the bracelet that was stolen.

I like animals; however, we have no pets. On second thought I guess you could say that the birds that frequent our back yard are my pets!

Photography is a hobby for me, a hobby that I am most passionate about. I take lots of pictures too :-)

I wish I could take away your migraines. I rarely have headaches (knock on wood); my husband though has had a few migraine headaches. Not fun I know! I hope that someone figures out how to stop your migraine headaches.

My stepdaughter is interested in the paranormal. She went on a ghost hunt in Erie, PA a while back and was interviewed for an article in the Erie newspaper. I searched on the Internet for that article; haven't found it yet.

My favorite store to shop for clothing is the Dress Barn. I'm like a kid in a candy store, though, when inside a camera store!

I'm happy, too, Gretchen that we found each others' blogs. I am enjoying to get to know you as well. We should take it a step up, though, and get together in person sometime!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Sassyfrazz said...

Fun to read up on what some of your favorites are and "all about you." I have to say that I did know most of them :) I think it is great that you shop at Hot Topic and can embarrass your kids. Ha!
Thanks for the award, and for keeping up on my blog. I have been super busy, but I will pick up my writing again...probably this week. :)

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home