Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Three years ago today



My precious cousin Michael was killed while driving to school. He was only 17 and had his entire life ahead of him. He hit an icy spot and that was it. I'll never forget the screams and looks when each member of the family was told what had happened. The visitation and funeral were torture. We couldn't have an open casket, so didn't even get that last chance to see his face and say good bye. I'm not sure if that was easier or not. There were hundreds of kids there from the three towns he had lived in. He had friends in every group, he didn't care what a person looked like, whether or not they had money or any of those superficial things. He was one of a kind.

I created a video to showcase his short life and you can find it at this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dSVIBXe2HA

Until we meet again, Michael, I'll love you forever and a day.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your video with us.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

There will always be a sadness corner of your memory to house your nephew. In his short life he obviously enriched the lives of others. You obviously cherish that.

3:56 PM  
Blogger ~Brenda said...

I like your tribute to your cousin Michael; a very unique young man. Perhaps he inspired others before his untimely death. I too lost a cousin who was traveling home from his first semester in college to ‘black ice’.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home