Tuesday, May 06, 2008

The Golden Compass


Our 13-year old son read the trilogy the movie is based on and absolutely loved it, so we went out and bought the DVD over the weekend. An added bonus from WalMart was a Ty beanie of the polar bear. He's soft and is sitting happily on my night stand beside my Ty beanie bear Peace.

Since it's pretty rare for an epic fantasy movie to come even close to what the book is, I truly wasn't expecting that much, but was pleasantly surprised. It didn't follow the book exactly, the movie would have been several hours long. They did cut quite a bit, but there was enough to follow the story.

The movie was very good and I enjoyed every minute of it. Our son kept telling us what was wrong with the movie, but eventually, he got into the movie and just enjoyed it for what it was. The polar bears and daemons were great and looked very real.

I'm looking forward to the next installment in the world of His Dark Materials.

Has anyone else seen the movie? Thoughts?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Maude Lynn said...

I thought that it was excellent. I rarely enjoy fantasy movies (too often, they are just ruining a book), but I thought that this was outstanding.

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home