Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Deep, dark pain



I was hoping that I had turned the corner. I was able to get out backpacking on Saturday and felt decent. The week before, I had the hideous pain and after a midnight run chasing State police to a man barracaded in his home with a gun (after a domestic incident), I got home and was in bad shape. Wasn't even able to write the follow up on it. I was out in pitch black, on dirt roads trying to get around a police barracade. No go. I ended up just leaving after an hour of trying.

Saturday was good. I probably hiked about 4 or 5 miles. Woke up Sunday and didn't want to move. The pain is even worse today. Don't know what to do to make it stop. All I want to do is crawl into a deep hole and pull it shut behind me. Besides the pain, there is the non-stop nausea. Last time it was like this, I lost 10 pounds in a week and ended up in the hospital with an IV stuck in the back of my hand. Can't do that again.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't experience migraines (thank goodness!). My husband, however, has had a few. I can understand some of what you are going through by way of seeing how a migraine affects my husband. I hope that your migraine leaves sooner, rather than later.

Reflecting on your activities--a midnight run and hiking 4 or 5 miles--personally *IF* I managed to do all of that, I wouldn't be able to move the next day!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

I'm sorry, Gretchen. I hope that you get some relief soon.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I have no idea what such headaches are like. I seldom get any headache.
It is a wonder that you can function at all.

I hope you get some relief soon.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Thank you for all the sweet thoughts. I use this blog as therapy. It's my chance to spread the word that migraines aren't just "a little headache."

9:57 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I hope you're feeling better by now, friend!

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home