Thursday, July 03, 2008

Getting ready for the long weekend

Just trying to get caught up posting and wanted to say hello to everyone. Being out of town for a couple days really puts me behind, but we sure needed the break.

Anyone have plans for the Fourth? We're going to have a BBQ here. Then on Saturday, we're going to my dad's family reunion. We rarely see any of his brothers and sisters (they are a family of 18!), so we try to go most years. I enjoy working on our family tree, so this gives me a chance to get new photos and catch up on what's going on in everyone's lives.

We were at a baseball game on Tuesday down in State College. It was a minor league game between the State College Spikes (Pittsburgh Pirate farm team) and the Williamsport Crosscutters (Philadelphia Phillies). Only took about 450 photos.

My daughter and I got quite a few autographs from each team in our scrapbooks. They'll look really nice once I add the tickets, programs and some photos. We can look at them and always remember that night. I love scrapbooking and collecting autographs.

Of course, we had to go to the mall while we were there. I have no clothes that fit since I've lost so much weight. My daughter is addicted to Aeropostale, so we went there first. I was able to find a pair of jeans and they fit! I wanted to cry. It's been so long since I was able to go into a store and find cute clothes. Quite a feeling. Then we went to Hot Topic, my favorite store. Found a new fairy shirt. Their shirts are slim fit, so I never could wear the nice ones. It feels like a whole new life is being opened up for me! If you've lost weight, you know what I mean.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend!

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger threesidesofcrazy said...

Have a wonderful holiday weekend! We do a family reunion every year too for hubby's family and always have 85+ - we just keep getting bigger and bigger! Enjoy it.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Mom Knows Everything said...

Have a great long weekend and Happy 4th of July!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

My daughter loves Hot Topic!

Have a great weekend!

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home