Saturday, June 14, 2008

Review: Jumper


We had seen the ads for this movie, but never got to see it at the theater, so we grabbed the DVD the other day. Not sure what to expect from it, but it was a very good movie! Has anyone else seen it?

The premise behind the movie is: A genetic anomaly allows a young man to teleport himself anywhere. He discovers this gift has existed for centuries and finds himself in a war that has been raging for thousands of years between "Jumpers" and those who have sworn to kill them "Paladins."

It was obvious they're hoping for a second movie from the storyline and all the cliffhangers. The movie is good for tweens and up. There wasn't overt sex or language. There was violence, so maybe real young children would be scared, but it wasn't a big slaughter scene.

Tonight, we're going to borrow my parents' DVD of Charlie Wilson's War. With Tom Hanks as the star, I'm sure it'll be good.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Maude Lynn said...

My husband and I watched Jumper just the other night. I thought that it was surprisingly good!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The sequel is in the making.. he marries the girl (I forget her name) and they travel the world. He gets captured by a group wishing to use his powers for evil and his wife tries to rescue him. Apparently she has learned to Jump by being exposed to the many jumps they've made together. Sounds interesting?

9:14 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I don't think Tom Hanks has made a bad movie.

I pass on science fiction movies or any movie with guns playing the lead role, (invariably American movies). I like Australian movies and some Canadian movies.

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home