Friday, April 01, 2011

Local church receives a face lift



I think I can let the genie out of the bottle and post a few photos of the uber secret renovation work done on a local church. I doubt many of the parishioners or even local residents regularly read here. If I'm wrong, make sure to drop me a note. :)

I just finished the article for the morning's paper and was going through the photos to pick the one that will go with it. I realized just how gorgeous it was and had to share with others. The rest of the town won't be able to see it until April 14 at their re-dedication ceremony, so consider yourselves special insiders!

The ceremony is open to the public and begins with a Mass at 7 p.m. A meet and great is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. in their social hall. If you're going, please let me know. Would love to add your photo here and maybe in the paper (If you'll pose with the Bishop).

The church is St. Leo Magnus Roman Catholic Church and the $1 million renovation was thanks to the generosity of Rose and Denny Heindl. They are very community-minded and regularly donate to the school, community and their church. They are also just nice people. I talked to Rose this morning when she called about my health. Not something that is necessary, but she's just such a sweetheart.

So, enough of that and onto the photos:




Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never been inside the church; however, the pictures you shared are very nice.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great set of images looks like an interesting place.

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home