Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Athena has arrived!


I wanted to introduce our newest family member - Athena. She's named for the Goddess of wisdom and war.

We swore NO MORE PETS!!! Everyone knew that. Well, we were at my aunt's farm and my cousin told Arielle, "Happy early birthday" and handed her this adorable little Smokey grey kitten. Aaarrrggghhh! I said to ask Randy and he caved.

Athena is fitting in well. Aphrodite just ignores her, but the evil Darth Mittens is another story. She hisses and growls at us and the kitten. She thinks she's punishing me by not letting me hold her. Ha Ha the Jokes on her. I'm sure she'll get over it once she realizes she now has an apprentice to teach the dark side of the force. ;) That's when we will truly face the wrath of Darth Mittens!

Will add a photo when I start up my laptop in the morning. Can't seem to get the Droid to do that. All it says is Uploads Disabled. Anyone know why?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

It is so nice to find out you are blogging again. I missed you during your long silence after your bad experience at the football match.

Cats are fun and cute. I just have too many of them. Now I have one that looks like your new family member who is walking around very pregnant. Help!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Loran said...

What a sweet kitten.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you check back since I have over 1400 pictures of Alaska to blog about. One thing I've learned to say is "never say never" so hopefully you will get there someday. It is amazing.

11:53 PM  
Blogger This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Gretchen: So glad you brought a ball of happiness into your house.

7:52 AM  
Blogger TKW said...

She is adorable! Look at her huge little kitten ears...it's so cute when the head has to catch up with the ears. I love her name, too.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home