Tuesday, November 17, 2009

OK, I admit it, I'm a Twi-Hard



Not that it is any big surprise to anyone who regularly reads here, but it became clear today. Burger King has a new promotion to tie in with the release of New Moon. They have special photo cards available when you buy their six pack of mini burgers. They also have New Moon cups, crowns and four different photo gift cards.



No problem, right? Well, not if you happen to live in a town with a BK. That does not include me. The nearest one is almost an hour away. I very rarely drive anymore thanks to the migraines and all the meds and never drive more than to the grocery store downtown and back. However, I couldn't con anyone into taking me, so when Trevor got home from school, I promised to get him a new video game if he went along for the ride.

Off we went and I am now the proud owner of all the neato new New Moon swag that BK has to offer. You need to order their special water bottles on line and I did that last week. Hopefully, they'll be here soon.

The movie will be released at midnight on Thursday. I have to cover a meeting over an hour away. I'm trying to figure out a way to get out of there in time, write the article as we drive back, find a place with wi fi to send it to the paper and still make it to the movie for the midnight showing. I know, I may look into a 12-step program, but not this week. :)

How far are you willing to go for your addictions? Obviously, my inner fangirl has no boundries.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Carletta said...

That's a fan!
My daughter read the books and passed them to me but I haven't started them yet. She didn't like the first movie saying it strayed from the book which was better she thought. :)

8:27 PM  
Blogger Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

LOL! You are one dedicated fan.
My friend loved the books and movies. Her daughter got her hooked. Haven't read any of the books, but now I'm thinking I might.
Enjoy the movie:o) Lisa

8:39 PM  
Blogger This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Gretchen: My two daughters and my daughter-in-law are big fans of the series also.

11:13 PM  
Blogger That Janie Girl said...

you go, girl!!

12:24 AM  
Blogger TKW said...

Oh my gosh, that is too funny!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I remember Burger King but what is New Moon? Have I lived in the Boondocks too long?

3:57 PM  
Blogger boblaura said...

Gretchen - what did you think of New Moon?? I just got back from seeing it. I thought it was so true to the book - like the book come to life!! It was amazing. I think fans of the books will love it. However, I think people who have not read the books may find the movie a bit boring/slow. I am not going to "make" my husband go as I originally planned - as I think he'd yawn and be bored. But I plan to go again! Laura in SC

5:16 PM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

I hope that you made the show!

9:43 AM  
Blogger ellen said...

I joined the camera critters. Hope you can find time to visit my very first entry to this meme. Thank you and God bless. Indeed a blessing to see you around.

http://mariellewhatmattersmost.blogspot.com
http://www.ellenheartbeats.com
http://www.ellentinytreasures.com

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home