Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Homecoming

Saturday night was the big Homecoming dance. I'm sure anyone who was a teenage girl can remember that night. :) Yes, I think back on it and am SOOOOO grateful I didn't keep the one I went with! That would have been a nightmare.

Arielle doesn't have a boyfriend at the moment. She very wisely tells me that she doesn't need a man to make her happy. YES!!! My baby has sense.

Anyhow, the lack of a male wouldn't keep her or her friends from going to the dance, kicking off their shoes and letting their hair down. She found the perfect blue frilly dress, very high blue heels and a gorgeous little half sweater that looked like it was made for the dress.

She got dressed here, so I could see her and take photos, then went to her friend's house to giggle and help her get ready. I wasn't able to drive thanks to all the pain by the time of the dance, so Chaselyn's mother offered to take the girls. Thank you, Kim! She was even kind enough to bring them here for more photos and to let me do make up repairs. I'm sure the neighbors all loved my Betty Boop pajamas when I went out with the camera. :) Ah well, I'm one of a kind.

They had a blast at the dance and Arielle even danced with one of her guy friends a couple times. He's a nice kid and her brother even approves of him, so I'm sure that won't turn into anything. What fun is it if your little brother approves of your guy?

She sent me photos on the cell phone during the night to let me in on the fun. She's the most thoughtful daughter in the world. She called when they were leaving and when she got to her grandparents' house where she was spending the night, so I wouldn't worry.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Gretchen: Sorry you were feeling in pain, glad your daughter had a good time. These school times are so important.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Arielle looked beautiful. Glad she had a good time.

Would have loved to see you outside in your Betty Boop pj's.

5:46 PM  
Blogger TKW said...

I do remember my homecoming dance: my date arrived drunk and, at the dance, vomited on my shoes in the middle of the dance floor...

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home