Thursday, August 27, 2009

First Day of School

Yes, it's that dreaded day - the first day of a new school year. It's especially hard this year because my BABY is starting high school. How is that even possible? My daughter is a junior this year, so she's become an upperclassman.



I'm not one of those parents who are thrilled when the school year starts. I like having my kids home all day. I fully endorse homeschooling, but my health won't allow me to do that anymore and I do miss it. :(

The school has re-arranged schedules this year, so they'll get home a half hour early. Always a good thing. :) Now I just need to find something to keep me occupied during the day.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I remember the excitement and anxiety about returning to school each year (Here it is the week after Labour Day.)

My son was always more than ready. He spent the summer working here on the farm and far enough away that he had no local friend. For him school was a rest and a chance to connect with friends.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

Great picture!

Honestly, I like having mine around the house, too.

12:47 PM  
Blogger That Janie Girl said...

Awwwww...they look SO sweet.

They are, aren't they?

10:05 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I just found a website that I thought you might like, since you like the horror books so much. Here's the link: http://www.theyrecoming.com/.

It might not be exactly what you're in to, but maybe you'll find it interesting?

Hope you're doing well!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Sassyfrazz said...

That is sad that your baby is in High School...I am not looking forward to that, either. Hey, you could do home school online...then your kids are home!

How have you been feeling lately?

4:36 PM  
Blogger The Blogster said...

Hi Gretchen,

My name is Courtney Mills and I am the Account Manager for Entertainment Benefits Group. We are one of the largest privately owned travel companies in the country. We own two websites that I would lvoe to speak with you about:
BestOfVegas.com & OrlandoFunTickets.com

I would love to partner with your site. I can offer you a great revenue share program in return, where you can make commission between 5 and 15%! If you could please email me back at cmills@entertainmentbenefits.com, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you!

Courtney

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home