Monday, July 20, 2009

Movie Night! AKA Harry Potter!!!


We haven't been to the drive in for over two years, but last night, we loaded up the truck and off we went! What kept me out way past my bedtime? Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, of course! I've read all the books and we have all the movies on DVD so far and this will be another one we'll add.

I won't spoil the movie for those who haven't seen it yet, but it stayed pretty true to the book. The most crutial scenes were practically word-for-word from the book. Always a good thing! Why mess with perfection?



The movie is quite DARK and some of the scenes would probably scare younger kids, but my two are 14 and 17 and thought nothing of it. There is the death of a beloved character and lots of snogging (making out), so make sure your kids and you are ready for that.

Hubby wasn't as thrilled with this one because it didn't settle anything. It just left many questions unanswered. That's because the final book is being made into two ... yes TWO ... movies!!

The second feature was The Proposal. We really didn't expect much from it. Romantic comedies are not our thing at all, but we were truly surprised and enjoyed it! We laughed and laughed. Betty White truly stole the show and made the movie. You have to see her in the woods. I still laugh when I picture the scene. :)

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yes, the death of a beloved character really shocked me when I read the book a while ago. I didn't see that one coming - maybe a hint, but didn't think the person would actually truly die. Ugh!
And, yes, I am really enjoying my new camera. You can tell by all the photos I keep posting now! :)

3:26 PM  
Blogger Eve said...

They really did a fantastic job with Harry Potter (again) - made me want to read the entire series all over again! ;)

I loved The Proposal!! I never watch the same movie twice, but leaving the theater, all I wanted to do was turn around and watch it all over again!

8:34 PM  
Blogger That Janie Girl said...

Haven't seen the HP, but we loved the Proposal!

4:29 AM  
Blogger Reader Wil said...

Well I am looking forward to the movie! I read al the books and bought all the videos and DVD's. So....!! I saw a documentary on J.K.Rowling, which was very interesting. In Oxford I saw the library, where Harry and his friends were looking for a special book. Great atmosphere.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Gosh I haven't been to a drive in for about 35 years!! Sounds like fun. (my picture was a close up of a flower)

8:38 AM  
Blogger This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Gretchen: Saw it yesterday and thought it was a fun ride.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

How cool to see it at the Drive In!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Boy - the drive in - this brought memories. I'm not ha Harry Potter fan, but definitely a Betty White. Glad everyone enjoyed themselves.

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home