Sunday, July 12, 2009

Back from vacation

We're home from our vacation and I'm fighting a bug I picked up in Boston. The non-stop rain and being on the road for two weeks took a lot out of me. We enjoyed our time away from real life and I'm having trouble getting back into the swing of things around here.

We took well over 1,000 photos on our journey through eight States on the East Coast. My favorite had to be our time in Salem. It was so commericalized, but it was a dream come true for me to finally get there. The best part of the trip was seeing Cry Innocence. It was the recreation of a trial. The audience got to vote on the woman's guilt or innocence. I'm proud to say, we set her free! History wasn't so kind and she was convicted of being a witch. My daughter was chosen to play the part of the baliff and kept the keys to her chains. She also walked the accused witch down the aisle to the court. We also enjoyed the Salem Witch Museum. Seeing more of the history is what I always enjoy. It just boggles the mind that people were so insane and murdered all those innocent people.

Boston was a lot of fun. Hard Rock Cafe and their awesome market that was like nothing we had experienced before set the tone there. I ate clam chowder with every meal in New England. The lobster was beyond delicious! We all love seafood, so we ate a lot of that. We'd like to go back and do a whale watching tour some day.

Fall River, MA, was another good stop. A friend of mine lives there and she took us to Lizzie Bordon's house and grave. I would love to spend the night at that house. Maybe someday.

Cedar Point, OH, was ok, but I'm not a rider. I had my iPod and just watched a lot of TV shows while the rest did the coasters. I did ride the train, sky gondolas and boat ride. They are just my speed. :) It was cold the entire time we were there. I had to buy a sweatshirt to wear.

State College, PA, was a blast. We spent the Fourth there at a baseball game. My brother is the booster club's photographer and our cousin is the club president, so we were invited to a picnic with the entire team. Now that was an experience! There was sooo much food! The guys were very friendly and I got a lot of cute photos of them. Of course, we went to Hot Topic while we were there. Needed a new pair of earrings. There was a great fireworks display. My brother had VIP viewing tickets. They were set to music and really great. They gave out these special masks that separated the lights. Unbelievable! I'll never watch fireworks without them.

Once I get everything downloaded and converted I'll be posting more.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I remember fondly my three years living in the Boston area and enjoying much of Eastern New England. There is so much to do. Symphony Hall is wonderful with perfect acoustics. The Boston Public Library is a great institution. I used to visit often the Boston Museum of Fine Art. It is great to live where you can find an all night bookstore (in Harvard Square).

If you are interested in church buildings it is a great city.

Now I am feeling I need to go back for a visit, except all the people I knew way back when are no longer there.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Sassyfrazz said...

Sounds like you had a great vacation! It isn't terrible buying a new sweatshirt to keep you warm...and it is a souvenier~ :)

Thanks for sharing your trip with us~

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home