Saturday, November 29, 2008

Twilight the movie



I finally got to see the movie today. Took my kids and we went to the matinee, hubby had no interest in it. Good thing he was working today. Had to stop at two stores to find the third book. We had borrowed it from the library and finally own a copy. :) Now we have all four of them. We'll read them over and over.

The movie was pretty good. It wasn't perfect though. I didn't like what was done to Jacob's character, but it wasn't completely awful. We'll see how he changes for the second movie.

Emmet was spot on. That's how I pictured him while reading. Alice, I thought would be smaller, more pixie-like, but the mannerism were definitely right. Edward was good. I liked him, but son didn't. Guess it's a girl thing! :) Bella was a good choice. I didn't like Carlisle. That's not how I pictured him and he just reminded me of a blond Tom Cruise and I do not like him. Jasper was good. I can see him as the character. Esme, too, but I thought she was blond? Rosalie, well, she isn't the gorgeous creature described in the books. The actress just wasn't that pretty.

What did everyone think? Any other fans out there?

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Heart of Rachel said...

I enjoyed watching the movie too. It wasn't perfect as you said but it was still worth watching. It was wonderful to see the characters of the book come to life on screen. I was dazzled by Edward the moment he entered the cafeteria.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Hi Gretchen! I haven't read the books or seen the movie. My friends daughter told her she had to read the books. At first she wasn't interested, but ended up reading most of them. They saw the movie this past week. Her daughter loved it. My friend said the books were better. She said that I would enjoy the books, but probably not the movie.

Hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving. The Christmas tree isn't up yet. I'll put that up in a couple weeks. I couldn't get myself that motivated. Lisa

8:12 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

I haven't seen the movie. Actually, I just got around to getting the first book!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I am definitely out of the loop on these books and movie. I guess I need a teenager around the house. I don't particularly like scary movies.

I had a minister friend who like to argue that Count Dracula was a Unitarian. I believe the character is based on Vlad, the Impaler.
http://www.royalty.nu/Europe/Balkan/Dracula.html

It was a very convoluted argument I remember.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Reader Wil said...

I am afraid I don't know the book nor the movie, but I am sure it's good if you say so! Thanks for your comment on Egypt I'll write about my trip as soon as I am recovered from my food poisoning which I and , 39 other people of the group caught there.

3:10 AM  
Blogger Rachelle said...

Hi there,
followed you here through David!

I haven't seen it yet, I kind of don't want to, have seen too many movies that have ruined my favorite books!
But I probably will anyway, just because my kids won't leave me alone till we do!
Slainte~
Rachelle

11:33 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I can't wait to get to the show to see this. I've have really been looking forward to it. Looks like an amazing movie.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Leora said...

I'm trying not to read your post because I want to read the book first. But I'm interested in finding out why this is so popular.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I agree. Was distracted by how they portrayed Jacob and totally didn't like Carlisle. Edward and Bella were good but better actors than they let them be. Loved the scene with him in the sunglasses when they(Edward and Bella) arrive at school together.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

My daughter loves the books and can't wait for the film to open here - it's next week I think in the UK.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home