Saturday, November 01, 2008

Trick or Treating

My contribution for today is my children dressed up for trick-or-treating. Why is it so scary to me? It's my worst fear come to life that another generation of children will be taken for the non-stop war the current regime in this country has started. The thought of either of my babies being sent off to some hell hole to be shot at and killed is more than I can bear. I would sooner lose my own life than see that happen. I only pray our country is smart enough to elect someone who will end the madness before it's too late.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Dina said...

Yes, I can imagine your fear.
I managed to survive having my son and daughter and three step-daughters serving in the Israeli army. Thank God they were not in combat and did not have to bash anyone either. Here all the 18-year-olds have to serve. But here they stay in their own country.
May there come an end to your "non-stop war."

4:37 PM  
Blogger AppleDebbie said...

Gretchen, I couldn't agree with you more. Election day can't come soon enough for me. I've already cast my vote for Obama, now I'll be in high anxiety mode until the results come in!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Jeni said...

I soooo very much agree with your prayer! The sooner we get our troops cleared out and back home, the better -and the sooner we learn there are other avenues that ARE available beside going to war, the better for that too! Sadly, I suppose there will always be some who feel the overwhelming need to conquer -whoever, whatever, whenever -but my fervent hope is that someday more logical heads will see that it is such a futile thing -just another way of slaughtering our young for a sacrificial lamb.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Webradio said...

Good Halloween for You : Yes, war is null !

9:00 AM  
Blogger Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

I agreed 100%. This war has caused too much heartache and must end. Lisa

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home