Tuesday, October 07, 2008

DuBois Scare Fair


The annual scare fair was held on Saturday and it gets bigger every year. This year, they added a movie star and a horror author as well as the man-eating plant from Little Shop of Horrors. Yes, you'll be a dentist! That probably makes no sense to anyone who doesn't know the movie and/or Broadway play, but to those that have seen it, you understand. :)

The TV stars were Erin Murphy "Tabitha" from Bewitched and Butch Patrick "Eddie" from The Munsters. I grew up watching them, so I had to go. The kids had no idea who they were, but trudged along because it made me happy. Then the movie star was Lenny Lies who played the "Machete Zombie" from the original Dawn of the Dead. He was also the zombie on the book cover in my previous post. Of course, the author, I've already written about, Len Barnhart.







Everyone there had a free page to autograph or were selling their own photos or other items. Lenny even had a machete. They were all happy to take photos with the fans. More conventions should be run like this. There were no problems. Everyone was friendly, including security. Looking forward to seeing who will be there next year. Time to bring in Grant and Jason. :)

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger That Janie Girl said...

Wow! Eddie looks WAY different. Well, they both do, but Tabitha was soooo small on that show.

Looks like y'all had fun!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

It is a treat to have easy access to actors we have enjoyed in presentations. Im not a big horror movie fan. They scare me!

I notice the poster in the bottom picture is in French. Don't often see that in the US. In Canada, almost everything is in both French and English, our offical languages.

RE: your comment on my blog on the draft. I have a spare room. I hope it does not come to that but i think you are right if perpetual war is the foreign policy of the US, you will need a draft.

During Vietnam War some 50,000 young men can to Canada, most made good lives for themselves here and have been wonderful citizens. Canada has a heritage of taking in people from the US: United Empire Loyalists, Fugitive slaves, draft dodgers, to name the most obvious. They have all added to the Canadian culture.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

Now, I'm going to walk around singing "Little Shop of Horrors" all day!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Webradio said...

Je n'ai rien compris...
Sorry....

5:35 PM  
Blogger Sassyfrazz said...

Looks like it was a fun blast to go to! Great that they were friendly, too~ always helps!

11:59 PM  
Blogger Erin Murphy said...

Hi Gretchen~
It was a pleasure meeting you & the kids in DuBois. I thought I should clarify, I'm Erin Murphy. Erin Moran played Joanie on Happy Days.

2:10 AM  
Blogger Mojo said...

You're in DuBois? My mom is from Clearfield...

I've actually flown out of the Jefferson-DuBois airport a couple of times... And this Scare-Fair thing? Got nothing on that!

BlogBlast for Peace - 11.6.2008

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home