Monday, September 29, 2008

Pro Wrestling Rampage


Saturday, Randy and I drove up to Erie for our first exposure to Stampede Pro Wrestling. We had no idea what to expect. We've been to MANY independent shows over the years and some were pretty good and some were, well, not.

We went to the mall first, had to have my Hot Topic fix. Yes, it is an addiction shopping at that store. No, they don't sponsor me even though I talk about them all the time. Of course, I'm more than willing to showcase their products anytime - fairy shirts, messenger bags and cool earrings are always welcome here. :)

We get to the arena and meet the promoter. Geoff, we can't thank you enough for making us feel welcome. He introduced us to all the wrestlers and we did some backstage posed photos. Everyone was great to work with. Being able to boss around these buff bods is always fun for me!

The show itself was amazingly good. The wrestlers have a lot of great skills and had no problems pulling off some really high-flying moves. They were selling the moves and there were a few times I simply put the camera down and watched. Now, anyone who knows me realizes what that means. I NEVER see anything, except frame by frame. For me to put down the camera and just watch, well, it's unique.


The show ended with a woman being set on fire. Well, not really set on fire, but the big heel J-Rocc threw fire at the champ Bill Collier, he ducked and it hit his manager. Really great stuff! Not expecting that, but sure enjoyed it.

We're hoping to get back to more shows in the future. The almost three hour drive makes it hard in the winter, but it's well worth it!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Sounds like you had a good time. Sorry to say I am not a fan of wrestling, as amusing as it is sometimes.

I am addicted to books and candles. I try to stay as far away as possible, but when in the store and passing the book aisle, I can feel the pull. Very bad.

Well anyway, I am glad you and Randy had a good time. Lisa

12:24 PM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

I used to be really into WWE. The live events were absolutely amazing.

And, I just had to tell you that Hot Topic is Baby Puppy's absolute favorite store on Earth!

3:05 PM  
Blogger Webradio said...

Bofff !

3:44 PM  
Blogger Sassyfrazz said...

WOW~ That would be fun to go to! I used to watch WWF with my Dad on the couch, but I have never seen anything in person! I bet it was quite the sight to see! Glad you had fun, and I hope you go again!

11:51 PM  
Blogger Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

I miss the good ol' days when WWE was WWF - back when Macho Man Randy Savage and Junkyard Dog ruled the roost. And Hulk Hogan was young and didn't air his family's dirty laundry on reality TV.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home