Monday, October 06, 2008

Reign of the Dead and a quick health update



I just finished reading Len Barnhart's Reign of the Dead on Saturday. WOW! It was an awesome book. It wasn't just about zombies eating the world, but added how people worked together to survive and threw in a little romance.

I met him at a horror "Scare Fair" in DuBois and picked up the book, mainly just to get the autograph. I like to try new authors and horror is one of my favorite genres. I started reading it on the drive home and had to call hubby at work to go get the second in the series Apocalypse End: Reign of the Dead because I had finished the first one already. I'll have the second one done tonight. Sitting up that long and concentrating on the words make me sorry yesterday. I literally couldn't get out of bed because of the pain, but it was well worth it for the well-written novel.

He has a third book in the series coming out soon and I'll have to have it, too.

If you have a chance to meet Len, take the time to do so. He's very friendly and by all means get his books. He grew up watching George Romero's Dead movies and it shows. That's not a bad thing at all though. Romero is the father of the zombie movie and a hero of mine. I met him many years ago and he's very down to earth, too.

So what is everyone reading?

As a quick update for those who asked, I'll be getting the MRI results this morning, so hopefully, we'll be able to find out what is causing all the pain and get rid of all the medicine. I want to get back to normal. It's not fair for the kids to have to take care of their mother. When we get to steps, they automatically hold onto my arms and help me down. A drives everywhere because my meds are pretty strong. She also cooks, but always did love to do that. I'm sick of being sick. I can't even take the dog for a walk because if she pulls the wrong way, I'll be on the ground and could break my hip. I'm too young to have to worry about this. :(

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Webradio said...

Hello Gretchen !
As You haven't mail, I answer here for the good mushrooms...
"I tasted and wait the next day..."
Smile for You...
By mail, it's more simply...

You can scrath this comment...

8:37 AM  
Blogger Mom Knows Everything said...

I love scary books. I like a lot of different types of books. That cover is really freaky looking. Right now I'm reading a book to review, The De-Stress Diva's Guide To Life. I just gave my daughter Cell by Stephen King to read for a book report. She's into scary books too.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

You met George Romero? That is the coolest thing ever!

I'm reading The Organ Grinder and the Monkey. I'll do a review of it fairly soon.

Feel better, Gretchen!

6:58 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Good God. That photo of the book is enough to keep me awake tonight! :)

I can relate a bit to the pain of going down stairs. That sounded familiar to me!

I hope you get the results soon and that they give you an answer so you can have a plan to follow, and keep fighting!

10:56 PM  
Blogger That Janie Girl said...

Praying for you and I posted you some Santa Fe to Midland pix!

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home