Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Been out of touch

Sorry it's been a few days since my last post. We went on a mini-vacation to visit with a friend over the long weekend, then yesterday, I woke up with such a migraine I wanted to just curl up in a ball and not move ever again.

Hubby took me to the doc, who took one look at me and called in a VERY strong pain killer. (Read what they give terminal cancer patients) I took one and spent the rest of the day sleeping. The pain is so much less today. Those pills are a true miracle.

I've dealt with these horrors for over 16 years now. Usually, I'd have ended up in the hospital when it got this bad. The pills made it possible for me to stay home. At least the kids were able to walk in the room quietly and see I was still here. It scares them when I'm this ill. They're so young to have to deal with all this. They've had to go to the store because I literally couldn't stand up it hurt so bad.

I must have been VERY naughty in a previous life to deserve all of this. Sure hope I had fun!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger That Janie Girl said...

I can feel your pain, Gretchen. I remember when I used to have migraines. They. Suck. A. Big. One.

And then, I found a "soft touch chiropractor" (one that doesn't crack your bones.). And migraines, nevermore! (Don't ask me, I don't get it, I just know it works.)

Hope you continue to improve!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Webradio said...

Elle mignonne Ton affiche !

1:07 PM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

I hope that the migraine passes soon. I know that it's miserable.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Roban said...

I hope you get over this one and have some pain-free time. I have them, but they aren't to that extreme.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a message on my post about those once every once-in-a-while moments. Trust me, it's hard to see through the behavior at times! They put up such a tough front and many don't know how to be loved.

Roban

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home