Thursday, August 28, 2008

First day of school



So today was the big day, summer is officially over and my kids are back into the institutional grind called public education. Good thing? I wouldn't say that. I prefer to homeschool, but my health hit low and I can't keep up. We have a very authoritarian administration in rule at the schools and are pretty anti-parent involvement. Can you guess we don't get along very well?

It's a rainy, cold, miserable day, just perfect for sending them back and away from me all day.



A is in 10th grade and T is in his final year at junior high in 8th grade. Where did all those years go?

Aphrodite is miserable without her kids. :( She won't perk up until the General Hospital theme starts at 3 p.m., when they come home. Her ears will go up and she'll go stand by the door, just waiting to see "her" kids.



The evil Darth Mittens already went back to bed before they even left.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

So late to be starting school! But of course it seems late when mine has been in school since 7/17! Seems weird.
Have I told you what a gorgeous dog you have? Beautiful!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Lisa Nelsen-Woods said...

I like the kids tiny umbrella :)

5:16 PM  
Blogger Tink *~*~* said...

First - I LOVE the name "Darth Mittens" - too freakin' funny! :D Second, I bet Aphrodite isn't the only one who's gonna miss having he kids around all day. ;)

Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~*

7:42 PM  
Blogger Photo Cache said...

What a day to bring in the new school year.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Vodka Mom said...

love your kids, love the dog, but I GOTTA have that cat!!! gotta have her...

8:49 AM  
Blogger Gettysburg Mom said...

How do you get your kids to pose so nicely for the picture? Are you dangling the keys to a new car just outside of view?

Darth Mittens is just about the cutest- er, most fearsome- cat name I've ever heard.

1:51 PM  
Blogger possum said...

Cool blog!
Darth Mittens is one of the cutest kittens I have ever seen - and we have seen a few!
He (She?) is almost as cute as a baby possum??????

2:14 PM  
Blogger Sassyfrazz said...

I prefer homeschool, too! But sometimes we need our kids in a school building other than home.

I agree homeschooling is the best.

I hope your health is better these days~

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home