Sunday, February 24, 2008

Chainsaw Carving Rendezvous

The ninth annual Ridgway Chainsaw Carving Rendezvous kicked off this weekend and will run through Saturday, March 1. It has put the town on the map and brings in thousands of visitors every year.

For those who have never seen this extreme artform before, you're really missing out on a treat. I got a walking stick at last years and it's absolutely gorgeous. They are very popular and sell out quickly. I would love to own one of the larger pieces, but they got for several hundred dollars and I just can't afford it. Maybe one day, I'll get my Golden Retriever for the front yard.



I'll be adding photos all week here and on my webpage
www.geocities.com/gretchen316 if anyone wants to check them out.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Amazing carvings.A chainsaw is hard to control. It is also very unforgiving. . . . I know. . . .the only carving I ever did was try to carve my big toe off my left foot. Ouch! Through safety boots and all.

5:55 AM  
Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

A lot of people look at that event as a redneck party, but nothing could be further from the truth. There are some very skilled artists there.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home