Sunday, January 27, 2008

My daughter got to compete!!!


It was at the final home meet on Saturday. It was a massive fight to get the chance, but it happened. That's all that matters, I guess. :)

I worked with her the night before to get her moves down and we worked on cartwheels and back walkovers for a couple hours. I'm not the greatest coach, but I do know the basics.

She was the first on beam as an exhibition. She was shaky, but it was her first time ever to be in front of the crowd and judges. She did a respectable 3.4, with one fall on her cartwheel. She stayed on for all her leaps and turns.

I can't begin to describe how proud I was to see her up there in her uniform competing. She worked so hard to get there. Hubby and I were on different sides of the beam to make sure we got the routine from all angles. I took about 40 photos and he took 20 or so. Then my son videotaped the routine.

I need to get them uploaded and printed out now, so I can make her scrapbook.

She'll probably never get a chance again, but she proved to everyone that she could do it. Her score wasn't the lowest all season. Two other girls got lower scores. She won't qualify for State competition, but that's not the most important thing in the world.

Once I get the photos done, I'll share a few.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home