Sunday, January 06, 2008

Our Family Ski Trip


It was a complete surprise to us when cousin Val emailed on Thursday and invited us to join her family at Holiday Valley this weekend. Of course, we jumped at the chance. No, I wouldn't be caught dead with two skinny sticks strapped to my feet as I fly down a snow-covered mountain, but Randy and the kids loved it.

I never leave home without my camera, so I spent the day taking photos. It was cold, so I didn't stay outside a lot. I was in the ski lodge reading most of the day. The lodge we were staying at was gorgeous!


We got to Ellicottville, NY around 9 a.m. on Friday and they spent the rest of the day on the slopes. A had enough about 7 p.m. and came to the lodge to stay and we dropped off Val's two oldest boys and their snowboards to finish off the night. Around 10, the four of them came in. Randy's knees are still killing him, but he said he'd gladly do it again.

A had a great time getting to know cousins she rarely if ever gets to see. She stayed up til almost 3:30 a.m. making pizza and putting together puzzles with cousin Rhonda. After we got home, she went to bed at 4 pm and didn't get back up til this morning.

Randy had to get to work Saturday night, so we packed up and came home early that day. Hated to leave and can't wait for another weekend. Hopefully, Randy will be able to get the whole weekend off next time and we can stay longer. Thanks Val, Joe and boys!


Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Maude Lynn said...

We're considering a family ski trip in March. I'm a little iffy about it. Hurtling down a mountain doesn't sound like my idea of a good time, either!

Great pictures!

6:02 PM  
Blogger bella said...

It looks like so much FUN.
love the pics.

12:38 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Great fun reading all about you and your travels. Have a good weekend! Best wishes from Downunder ~ Helen

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home