Saturday, October 13, 2007

Hospital Visit

Thursday was a pretty bad day around here. Randy had to go have a wart removed from his thumb. No biggie, we thought and he went without me. He called me from the doctor's office to say he had to go have an EKG. Ummm ..... to have a wart removed? No, because he was having chest pain. OK, come get me first. No, it was no biggie, he'd have it and be home for dinner.

So, I sit and wait. I was supposed to cover a forestry meeting that night, but called another reporter to take it for me. Don't know why, but I did.

Finally, about an hour later, he calls and says, he's being taken to the hospital and could I get a ride to pick up the car? WHAT???? No biggie, they were putting in an IV to take him right up. ARGGGHHHH!!!!!

So, I call his mother to get me and take the kids to her house. I get in the car and fly to the hospital. It's about 30 minutes away, I made it in 15 and beat the ambulance.

They get him into the ER and again, it's no biggie, they'll do the blood tests and can go home. RIGHT! They admit him. I don't have my night medicines or anything because he was so sure it would be just a quick thing. I ran out of the house and didn't have my normal overnight stuff. Never again.

We get him settled in a room and they bring in a torture rack ... er .... reclining chair for me and we settle in for the night. Every two hours or less, someone is in to take blood or do some test or another. He's had more than enough and started asking for the doctor because he wanted to go home.

He's finally released at 2:30 the next afternoon. No heart attack, it's the cartlidge around his ribs that's causing the pain. What a relief! He needs to have a stress test and echocardiogram next week.

So, how was YOUR day?

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger The Future Was Yesterday said...

You have my sympathy. Not only do they keep you as uninformed as possible, they punish your body for staying with your loved one. My late (94 yrs old) Father said to his doctor one day; "I think I'm finally gonna get out of this damn Hospital of yours." The Doctor told him that wouldn't be anytime soon. Dad won. He died the next day.:)

10:26 PM  
Blogger dot said...

I hope he got rid of that wart!

Hospitals are no fun. I've spent lots of time there with my husband.

4:46 PM  
Blogger ASHE said...

It is terrible when someone you love is hurting and you're not sure why and suspect the worst. All this from a wart!

On a different note, thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I appreciate it!

10:31 PM  
Blogger wolfbaby said...

ouch that sounds like one heck of a day.. glad to hear he is ok.. that must have been scary

11:38 AM  
Blogger bella said...

Yikes!
what an ordeal.
Hospitals can so quickly turn into mazes with chaos and confusion.
Glad to hear everyone is home.

1:50 PM  
Blogger VintagePretty said...

I hope Randy is feeling better - what horrid luck, but at least it's good to know it's not something serious. Good luck!

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...how scary. Hospitals can be very scary. Great reading that it wasn't anything serious. Hope all is well now :o)

10:07 PM  
Blogger Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

How stressful and scary. I'm so glad to hear he didn't have a heart attack and hope the rest of the medical tests go well.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home