Sunday, November 11, 2007

Happy Birthday, little man!!

Thirteen years ago, my little boy was born. Where did all those years go? More importantly, how am I old enough to have two teenagers?

To celebrate this milestone in his life, we went to State College and stopped at Hooters. Yes, that place. The food was great! I had crab legs because I can't eat wings. Too yummy! The girls all signed a tee shirt for him and posed for a photo with him after singing happy birthday. He turned red when they got him up on a chair and handed him pom poms to dance along.


He got new Halo 3 clothes (of course), an Eragon DVD and gift card for Game Stop, plus money.

After lunch, we ran to the mall so he could spend his birthday money. Game Stop, Hot Topic, Suncoast Videos and B. Dalton Bookstore were his only stops. Of course, our daughter had to hit Aeropostale. Can't miss that store. She has more clothes than the rest of us put together, but can't keep from getting more.

Now we're home and he's installing his newest computer game.

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

13 What a wonderful age. BC (Before Computers) I remember it fondly as a social time with lots of male and female friends and rushing home from school to watch American Bandstand in Barb Muter's basement. I had my first serious girlfriend (a year later she died in a car accident). Seems your son isn't quite as socially precotious as I was. His Hooter admiring days are ahead of him. LOL

7:56 PM  
Blogger bella said...

You are a truly wonderful mom.
And I love that you don't try to make him be anything other then what he is, that you get him, understand him. It is very cool to see.
Looks like a happy birthday indeed!

9:17 AM  
Blogger sandy said...

I have four boys and your post brought back memories. They are all older now, youngest 24, oldest 33.. That was neat reading.

p.s..thanks for your visit and comment to my blog. I'll have to come back and look around more when I'm not rushed...

sandy

12:47 PM  
Blogger Travis Erwin said...

Happy Birthday to him and back when I officiated my fellow refs never looked like that.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

13 is such a great age...and I laughed that you took him to Hooters!!! LOL!! We took my oldest there when he was 10 during a hockey tournament..what a laugh that was. Here were these pre-pubescent boys running around talking to the waitresses and they were very patient with the boys. The dads on the other hand..... :)

4:14 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

Hope he had the best birthday yet!

2:27 PM  
Blogger Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Wow, 13! Happy Birthday to your son!

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home