Saturday, February 24, 2007

Chainsaw Carving Rendezvous

The eighth annual chainsaw carving rendezvous ends today. It was another nice event. I spent the week walking around the area, taking photos and talking to the carvers for the newspaper. They are a super bunch of people and I've never met one that wasn't willing to take time to talk or pose for photos.



For those who have never heard of this artform, the carvers use a chainsaw to make the most beautiful creations out of a log. It's incredible to watch them work. Our town is called the Chainsaw Capital of the World and every carver in the world wants to come here to learn and share.

I was finally able to buy a walking stick this year and I absolutely love it! Every year, they go too fast and I always seem to miss out on one. This year, I made sure to grab one the first hour of the 'vous. It'll get a lot of use this year as we're hiking around the State. Thanks to Jake Albright of Hanover, PA for your awesome work!

The auction was this afternoon and they had well over 200 pieces donated. The money raised goes in part to charity and to help continue the event next year. Several thousand dollars were raised while I was there for just about an hour, so I'm sure it'll be a good amount by the time it ends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home