Friday, March 03, 2006

My heart is broken


This is the worst thing I've had to write.

Our beautiful Michael was killed this morning in a car accident on his way to school. He was only 17 years old. He was my godson, my cousin and my buddy. My heart has been ripped out and I don't have words to explain what we're going through right now.

Please, hug your kids and remember we aren't guaranteed another day or even an hour. If only we had one more day or even one more hour. I won't get to say a proper good bye because we can't have an open casket. They won't even let us see him. I just can't accept that my boy is gone and I'll never hug or kiss him ever again. I'll never hear his voice or listen to him play guitar. I'll never be able to push the hair out of his eyes or give him shit for wearing that stupid Misfits tee shirt.

I love you, Michael, and will miss you forever.

4 Comments:

Blogger Skye said...

I'm so sorry, wish there was something. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Gretchen:

My condolences to you and your family. There are no words that one can say that could possibly ease the pain you all must be feeling at this time.

With thoughts and prayers,

Tom DiGiulio

10:29 PM  
Blogger R said...

Oh, I'm so sorry. That is just awful. My thoughts are with you and your family...

10:18 AM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

It's been very rough, but I have to believe he's in a good place just waiting for us with his guitar.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home