Friday, February 17, 2006

Lazy Day

I actually have the whole day off where I don't have to be anywhere or do anything special. I have a couple features to write, but they aren't due for a couple weeks, so they can wait.

Tomorrow the annual chainsaw carving rendezvous starts. It lasts a week this year, so I'll be slammed with work for the next week. It's truly amazing what these people can do with a chainsaw and a log. I just wish I could afford to have one made of a Golden Retriever. (I raise them) The paper wants me to take a class to learn how to do the carving, then write an editorial about the experience. Not sure how that will go. I prefer to be behind the story, not part of it.

Today is just a day to relax, watch the ABC soaps, answer mail and work on my blog. It's nice to have a calm day since I'm trying to get rid of a budding migraine. I haven't had a bad one in months and I don't miss those days. :( Anyone else deal with migraines? They use to be so bad, I'd be in the hospital hooked up to IVs with pain meds more days than I was home. I had to quit a full time reporter job because they were so bad.

I freelance now, which is much easier on me. I still get to write/photograph for papers, but the stress level is much lower. I can turn down assignments and not worry about getting fired. I don't deal well with stress.

1 Comments:

Blogger Skye said...

Oh, that must be awful, I'm glad it works where you have a lighter load and less stress. I think that's why I enjoy the G/Y shift "No people " to deal with until I return to the yard. Chainsaw craving, looking forward to that article. Have a nice weekend. :)

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home