Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Chainsaw carving rendezvous


I just realized I haven't posted a thing about the chainsaw carving rendezvous I've been covering. It's been Very cold here all week, so I haven't spent as much time there as I would like, but I did catch one of their seminars yesterday. I didn't understand much about it because it was geared towards people who carve for a living. I like watching them carve, so there are lots of photo opportunities there. I met a guy from Romania named Emir and his 8-year old son Stefan. The little boy was so excited about a reporter talking to him and taking his photo. I had a photo of him and his father carving on the front page of the paper today, so I'm sure he's happy. He wanted to take the paper to school when he gets back to show his teacher and class. :-) I love doing things like that. Making a little boy smile is the best part of my job.

I'll be down there tomorrow for a couple hours, then will pop by again Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Should be more than enough to photograph.

1 Comments:

Blogger Skye said...

That is awesome!

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home