Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I need a new body transplant

You see it on TV all the time, people have a problem, they just make an appointment and change their nose, face, etc... Well, my problem is my whole body. Do they do that yet?

Besides the nightmare of the migraines, I'm dealing with a horrid right shoulder. Saw the bone doctor today. I had my left shoulder operated on about 4 years ago, so when I started having pain in the right one, I got worried. I ignored the pain as long as I could, then went to see a bone doc. He did an exam and sent me for physical theraphy. It's helping, but not quite fast enough. It's either a "frozen shoulder" or my rotator cuff is torn. Either way, it hurts!!!

The bone doc is now sending me to get an MRI on Friday. Not looking foward to being stuck in a coffin for 25 or so minutes. I'm suppose to bring a CD or my iPod to keep my calm while in there. I think my music choices will scare the technician, so I better go through and take some things off. Going from Pavaratti singing Ave Maria to Marilyn Manson's Beautiful People and then maybe Elvis or Rammstein's Engel (Angel) or Du Hast (You Hate). I have quite a bit of German heavy metal.

So now I have to bribe someone into driving me there (about 20 minutes), sitting there for the half hour, then back home again. Thankfully, my daughter or son are happy to be bribed with McDonald's or Wendy's.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Maude Lynn said...

I hope that they figure out what's going on so that you can get some relief!

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the MRI, Gretchen. I hope that the doctors are able to relieve you of at least some of the pain that you go through!

8:49 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

That just sucks. Chronic pain can sap every bit of joy out of life. I hope for relief soon!

10:40 PM  
Blogger Willard said...

Sorry to hear about your problems, Gretchen and I wish you the best. I have had several chronic problems for years, and it seems the doctors cannot completely cure them, but they can do things and prescribe medications to make the problems less severe. In any case, I hope they can find some way to get you relief from the pain.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

How heavy is your camera gear. Could it have caused frozen shoulder. My sister got it from carrying books ( she was a teacher.) I got frozen shoulder when a tree I was felling hit me on the point of my shoulder.
It took me 10 months of twice weekly physiotherapy sessions to recover the full range on motion but I still have a mildly chronic sore shoulder.
Good luck on resolving this problem. You certainly do not need any more pain in your life.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home