Friday, June 03, 2011

Another page in the Book of Life has Turned


My beautiful 18-year old daughter Arielle has made another step in life when she graduated from high school over the weekend. Yes, the tears were there, but I was so proud to see this gorgeous, confident girl walk across the stage to recieve her diploma. School was never easy and the School District made it harder than necessary many times, but that is all let go now. She's free! She received that diploma that is so important in life.

Randy and I sat in the front row with the other reporters and professional photographers that were hired to document the event. That's one nice part of my job, a shiny press pass! :) Trevor and Todd sat together and filmed the event. My parents and aunt were further back. Randy's mother had fallen earlier in the month and she was in the nursing home and unable to attend. Sadly, his brother and sister-in-law weren't interested in attending.


I've talked about her many times over the years I've written in this blog. She's been my best friend since birth. We look so much alike, people mistake us for each other. Thanks to Austin Powers, I have a response, "Yes, I cloned her! I call her 'Mini Me!!'"

I homeschooled her for several years and we enjoyed trips to Gettysburg, New Hampshire, Salem, Harrisburg, etc.... as part of her education. She has chosen to become a massage therapist. She made that decision because of my health issues and her grandmother's many health issues. She has chosen to devote her life to helping ease the suffering of others because of what she sees on a daily basis. That shows the heart my girl has.

Following the ceremony, we went out to eat with Trevor, my parents, brother Todd and aunt Judy who came to attend the event. She never misses one of my kids events. It wouldn't be right to have her not be there.


I want to congratulate all the graduates of the Class of 2011!!! You've worked hard and deserve to enjoy your summer before you head off to college, the armed forces, getting married or joining the work force. Don't forget your parents. They were there through the good and bad. Those all night final cramming sessions or 5th grade science projects wouldn't have been done without them. Make sure to give them a thank you as well.

We'll have a large party for her later this summer when her grandmother is able to attend. We'll combine it with her birthday and going away party and her cousin Jessamy's graduation as well. One big, loving family always. :)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Arielle! Be sure and enjoy her, Gretchen, this summer before she leaves to further her education!

7:13 AM  
Blogger threesidesofcrazy said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all. Congratulations to Arielle! It is so great that she really knows what she wants to be when she grows up!

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home