Saturday, November 06, 2010

Trevor's Birthday Weekend



My son Trevor turns Sweet 16 next week (do boys think of it as Sweet Sixteen? What do you call the milestone for them? Would Surly Sixteen be available?). We had a chance to get out of town this weekend, so we're celebrating early. Our daughter is checking out colleges in Erie, PA. We're also going to be near Gettysburg (!!!!!!!!!!) and State College for her to check out others.


After the college visit, we stopped at the mall. Imagine that, there's a HOT TOPIC store here. Hmmm ... how did that happen? :) I found way too much, as usual. I recently discovered a great new show - Sons of Anarchy and they had a tee shirt for it. Arielle found several Undead Hello Kitty purses, hoodies and keychains. Trevor picked out a new Halo hoodie and tee shirt. I also got my goddaughter a Christmas present, but she has to wait to find out what it is.


After that, we had dinner at an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet, then went to Trevor's favorite place in Erie - Lazartag. I don't play because it sets off violent headaches when the lazar hits my eyes, but I can take photos from the observation room. Taking photos through glass, into a darkened, fog-filled room isn't easy, so the shots aren't what I normally would share. Please forgive the roughness of them.






Today, we spent the day at Splash Lagoon. It's an indoor waterpark and lots of fun. Tonight, we're going to an Erie Otters' hockey game. Should be lots of fun. Never been to one before. Arielle's boyfriend loves hockey, so he's happy to be going.




Tomorrow, it will be another full day at the waterpark, then home for school and work on Monday. Always nice to get away. After a week filled with covering budget meetings, I was ready to crawl into a hole. I'll be ready to go back to finish up the last budget meeting on Monday night.




Time to run, we're going to Quaker Steak and Lube for dinner before the game. No wings for me, but a nice steak sure sounds good! Will post more photos tonight or when we get home tomorrow.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh God, Hot Topic! Our youngest is out on her own and, more important, driving so no more trips to the malls that "just happen to" have a Hot Topic for me. "Daddy, go sit on the bench! Old geezers aren't allowed in Hot Topic! Just pretend you don't know me, okay?"

5:45 PM  
Blogger JennyD said...

Lol, Chip nailed it! And Gretchen, this post was soooo much fun that I felt like I was there with ya'll. I've always wanted to play lazertag even at my ripe old age, and an "indoor" waterpark? Oh wow, I've never been to one of those either. Geez, it just hit me. I must be an old bat now, ugh. Oh, and just so you know: that all you can eat Chinese buffet? I'm so sorry I forgot my wallet and then at Quaker Steak, well, I hid it. You don't want me around after mooching like that. Super post, gal :D

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home