Monday, November 01, 2010

Ode to the mighty McDonald's McRib



Yes, it is once again that season when McDonalds around the nation bring back their most popular sandwich. I'm talking about, of course, the mighty McRib!! Yes, the yummy goodness that is the pork-shaped mystery meat is once again available to tempt our palettes.

After covering a meeting tonight, Arielle and I decided to treat hubby and Trevor to their first taste in a couple years. It hasn't been available in our region for entirely too long. After repeating the order 4 times and a five-minute wait, we are handed the bags and off we go. The manager chases us to the door, they gave us the wrong ones. We don't want the onions and I don't eat pickles. OK. Glad she stopped us because not only was one covered in onions, they were one sandwich short and it was MY SANDWICH.


We get to the car and I can't wait to tear open the box. The smell is overwhelming our senses. First bite is simply nirvona. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Yes, I will pay for eating that half sandwich, but it will be worth it in the long run. Life is too short to deny yourself the little pleasures in life simply because it might not be the best choice in life. I look at it as all things in moderation. Well, most things, I suppose. I can't advocate some things - hagus springs to mind. Shudder.

I hope I've inspired you to run right out to your nearest McD's. We don't even have one in our town, so it's a 20+ minute drive to get these sandwiches.

No, I have no connection to the store, I'm just a fan, but McD's if you want to sponsor a few blog posts, you can pay me in McRibs!! :)

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi. Gretchen, thanks for stopping by. I use a Canon EOS Rebel XS DLSR. Most of the shots on my latest blog were hand held, made with a 55-300MM Image Stabilized lens and a circular Polarizer filter to cut the glare and make the colors pop.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I've never had a McRib, but now I want one...minus pickles and onions. My favorite thing at McD's it their coffee. Nothing mysterious about it, just really good coffee.

9:07 AM  
Blogger JennyD said...

Gretchen, gosh, thank you so much for coming by and leaving such a nice note :D. Have to tell you (sort of quickly)that the "love lost" wasn't a man per se, it was my mother, then 3 of my close friends all in the course of a yr. Very tough to deal with. The initial hesitancy to the "new fella" is because I'm just NOT blessed with luck on men/relationships, however I have an abundance of blessings on men "friends". So I'd promised myself 6 yr ago No More Men, and well.....so you see what's going on.
I adored your expose on the witch. It made me cry. I'd never thought of it that way and now that's the only way I will think of it from now on. God, that was the saddest thing ever.
McRibs? Pass 'em over here!
Your quest for proof of life after death? Ohhhhh, girl, have I got some absolutely true stories for you. I've debated putting them into my blog for a long time, thinking that too many would find me purely out to lunch, but maybe I'll do it, and THEN you'll have your absolute truth -- no doubt :)
Lol, now you have one of my novels of a comment so I'll stop and follow your blog instead. It's great.
~~~~later

12:28 PM  
Blogger Sassyfrazz said...

I like this post! I was a manager at McDonalds when they came out with the McRibs, and I super love them, too! I love mine with slivered onions, and extra pickle. YUM! Hey, it would be great if McDee's would sponsor you! :)

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home