Sunday, October 10, 2010

Old friends are better than gold

We had lunch yesterday with old friends who we lost touch with almost a decade ago. The husband & wife were our dearest friends at the time. That's when the pain started to get impossible to deal with & I was put on strong meds.

I found Cheryl's email by luck & sent her a note. She responded immediately.

They Were in town for work - she's a DJ. She called & asked if we wanted to get lunch. Of course! Now, remember we hadn't seen them in a decade, but the conversation was like we never were apart. That shows what true friendship. I'll never lose her again. I realized how much she meant to me & how much we've missed when she hugged me.

Friendship is too valuable to give up on. It should be treasured.

Thank You, Cheryl & Jim! You've always been in my heart & always have a place there.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a heartwarming post! I have a friend like this. We met in the Army. We don't see each other often. When we do see each other, though, it's as though time has stood still. We pick up right where we left off. There is no awkwardness between us. It is wonderful having friendships such as these.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

With true friends it always seems to be the same. You pick up where you left off and no apologies are necessary.

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home