Sunday, May 17, 2009

Can we keep it? (AKA Camera Critters #58)

So I'm sitting at the computer, trying to catch up on a pile of assignments while I'm still able to sit upright when my two teenagers come running in the house. My 14-year old son has something in his hands and says the four words mothers around the world dread to hear - "Can we keep it?" Shuddering after his last wanna-be pet snake, I turn around and find a scared little baby bunny. He's beyond adorable, but we can't have a baby bunny or the wrath of the evil Darth Mittens will fall on all of us. Aphrodite is dancing all around, trying to figure out what the new smell is, but she's harmless.



Being the softy I am, I tell them to call their father who is on his way to work. I know he'll tell them "NO!", so that leaves me off the hook as being the bad one in this. (Devious, huh??) I take a few photos and tell them to take the bunny back where they found it and not to touch anymore of them. Hopefully, the mother will still take care of it. They were out mowing yards and found it in a rosebush.

KIDS!!!



If you want to see more animals from around the world, stop over at Camera Critters to learn all the details.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Reader Wil said...

Well a bunny is much nicer than the to me!snake in my daughter's bedroom. Did you see it? I was really shocked when I saw the photo she e-mailed

6:07 PM  
Blogger Kenia Santos said...

What a cute baby-bunny! I've never seen one of those so small! Do your children have other pets? I have three dogs which I totally adore, but I wish I had more space so I could own at least 3 more. Thanks for your nice comments in my blog. Take care and keep smiling.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

That is so cute! So far, I'm managed not to acquire a rabbit, but it's been tough!

9:36 PM  
Blogger This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Gretchen: What a wonderful photo of the little bunny. congrats to the kids for the catch and your photo opt.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a cute little bunny :-)

Did it find it's Mum again?

12:37 AM  
Blogger koand said...

Śliczny królik , pozdrawiam :)

12:39 PM  
Blogger Ramblings of a Villas Girl said...

Hi Gretchen! What a little cutie. Maybe Darth Mittens may have surprised you and cared for the bunny. What? What did I just say? Okay I'm back now. Glad the kids return the little one to his family. Lisa

7:21 PM  
Blogger Samantha ~ Holly and Zac ~ said...

Aww, that is so cute.

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home