Sunday, September 07, 2008

Sad day



We got some pretty hard news early this morning. Randy's aunt passed away at the age of 93 1/2. I had written about her being in the hospital about two weeks ago. I am so happy that I had recorded as much of her life story as I did. I only wish I had been able to get her to talk more.

The funeral is set for Wednesday afternoon. We spent the day running around getting her clothes and jewelry for the funeral, then finalizing the arrangements. This is horribly hard on everyone. I am truly worried about how Randy's dad will do on Wednesday. His health isn't the best as it is. :(

Not sure I'll be around much this week. Of course, the whole thing has set off a major migraine, so as soon as this posts, I'll be heading for bed.

Please think of Feenie tonight. The only positive about the whole thing is her nurse told me she didn't feel any pain. She simply went to sleep and never woke up. I hope to go the same way when my time is up.

The photo is of her and her brother celebrating her 93rd birthday last December 23.

Rest in Peace, Feenie. We'll meet again some day.

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger threesidesofcrazy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:02 PM  
Blogger threesidesofcrazy said...

Gretchen, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you heal. Feel better.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Heart of Rachel said...

Condolences. I'm sorry for your loss.

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a sad day.
:(

10:05 AM  
Blogger Maude Lynn said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Gretchen. I'll be thinking about you!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Sorry to hear the news. I'll be thinking of you and Randy and your families!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

What a wonderful long life she had.
Think of the blessing she has been to so many.

7:34 AM  
Blogger That Janie Girl said...

I'll be praying for all of y'all. May you be surrounded with comfort.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Reader Wil said...

I am sorry for your loss. I hope you will soon feel better.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Woman in a Window said...

Feenie...

Sad life ends.
Sad I didn't get to read about her before this.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home