Friday, November 10, 2006

Yesterday was rough


The kids get home from school and want to go for a walk with two other friends. No biggie, they're always together. I tell them no more than 15 minutes because we have parent/teacher conferences at 4 p.m. They leave and I start running the sweeper. Not two minutes later, they're home screaming. I look up and T's face is a scarlet mess. Blood everywhere. His hands are red, his shirt collar is all red. "WHAT HAPPENED?" I'm screaming as I run to find something to clean off the mess.

One of the little girls threw a rock at him and split his little head. :( I clean it up as best I can, but I can see he needs at least a stitch or two to close the wound. He screaming, his sister is hysterical. I call Randy's cell, but he's in a dead zone, so I just left a message to meet us at the hospital.

We get to the truck and head off to the ER. Randy meets us there just as they take him back and start cleaning it. The doc decides to use that liquid stitch stuff and glues his finger to T's head! ARRGGGHHHH!!!

Poor kid turns 12 tomorrow. We're going to Pittsburgh to spend the weekend. He's not allowed to go swimming because it could wash the liquid stitch stuff off and we'd have to start all over again.

What next?

2 Comments:

Blogger Charlie Cory said...

It sounds like a scary experience. We have just had a gang of youths (12-14 I think), throwing stones at windows, breaking wipers etc. It's not a massive leap of imagination from windows to one of our kid's heads.

Best

Charlie

4:08 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Kids get violent so young these days. :( I cover court and the kids there are getting younger and younger. I'm even seeing second and third generation kids going through!

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home