Sunday, October 15, 2006

Been a busy weekend


Friday morning at 6:30 a.m., my son and I got on a bus and went to the Carnegi Science Center in Pittsburgh for his enrichment class. That place is really neat! Anyone ever been there?

There are two different buildings. The first one we went to as the sports center. You can try all sorts of interesting things in there from flight simulators to designing your own rollercoaster ride (another inclosed simulator). They had a climbing wall, virtual volleyball and lots more. I HIGHLY recommend the place for anyone. :)

The second building is the typical science center building, with displays and hands on activities to get kids interested in science. I even got to try out a bed of nails. That was a wild experience! The IMAX theatre was showing a movie about adrenalin. I can't imagine myself doing those extreme sports - base diving, etc....

We got back to town around 6 p.m. and had to run right to a political banquet where we met the Lt. Governor hopeful for PA, as well as a couple Senators and a Congressman and a woman wanting to be on the State Supreme Court. The food was really good and I was able to add two new pins and one autograph to my collections. :)

Then yesterday morning it was another bus trip to a high school football game. My daughter is on the band, so I chaperone all the games. It was freezing cold! Snowing, windy, yucky! Why can't high school football be played in the summer or in an arena?

Today, I'm off to photograph some chainsaw carvers. It's so amazing what they can do with a chainsaw and a log. Has anyone else seen them work? The ones here are from around the world. Our town is called the "Chainsaw Capital of the World" because every year we get hundreds of carvers who come here to learn.

2 Comments:

Blogger Denise in PA said...

LOL...cuz if football was played in the summer then we "band moms" wouldn't have anything to complain about! ;)

8:42 PM  
Blogger Skye said...

That looks like fun.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home