Monday, August 14, 2006

Anniversary weekend

Hubby and I spent the weekend in State College to celebrate out 18th anniversary. While we were there, my brother took us on one of his favorite hiking trails.

I had no idea we'd be doing any hiking, so I didn't have my boots, hiking stick, knee brace or even a backpack. Luckily, I had at least thrown a pair of sneakers in the trunk.

The trail is uphill from the start. That should have warned me what was to come. I found a pretty stout stick along the side of the trail to keep me upright. We walk to about 10 minutes, then get to a split in the trail. He breaks out with, "Do you want to take the hard way or the REALLY Hard way?" We opt for the hard and head off - straight uphill for another 20-30 minutes. The view when we got to the top of the mountain was gorgeous though.

After some water and an elk stick, I was finally able to move again and we start back down the mountain. It's very rocky, so I kept slipping and rolling my ankle. Little Brother ended up carrying my camera, so it wouldn't get smashed if I went rolling the rest of the way down the hill. If you get the chance to be in the area, I would recommend a good pair of hiking boots and stick, but the trip is worth it. :)

The rest of the time, we went to two State College Spikes (minor league baseball) games and one night of ghost hunting. An old haunted church in the area was one of the things I had to see after the game Saturday night. The games were a blast, they even put our names up on the scoreboard to wish us a happy anniversary on Sunday and I got a TON of autographs in my scrapbook and on a team baseball; Oh, and the ghosties were fun, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home