Friday, November 25, 2005

It's probably a good idea to avoid this firm

Former FEMA Director Michael Brown, heavily criticized for his agency's slow response to Hurricane Katrina, is starting a disaster preparedness consulting firm to help clients avoid the sort of errors that cost him his job.

"If I can help people focus on preparedness, how to be better prepared in their homes and better prepared in their businesses -- because that goes straight to the bottom line -- then I hope I can help the country in some way," Brown told the Rocky Mountain News for its Thursday editions.

Brown said officials need to "take inventory" of what's going on in a disaster to be able to answer questions to avoid appearing unaware of how serious a situation is.


What can you say about this? Truly some people are shameless.

5 Comments:

Blogger Skye said...

Oh I'll be the first to call him when I decide to get prepaired(NOT)!!!!((((LOL))))))

11:30 AM  
Blogger Crystal said...

What a joke! I was very surprised to hear this over the weekend, that guy should just bury his head in sand and disappear!

7:57 PM  
Blogger Skye said...

Hello, Gretchen, are you alright? Miss you.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Hi Skye,

Yeah, I'm doing ok. Our oafy dog hurt my thumb and I couldn't write for a couple weeks. I'm catching up on things goday.

Thanks for caring!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Skye said...

Oh sorry to hear that, Hey, Crystal is now Wide Open Wonder. I did something similar with my little toe as soon as it got near well I hit it again, as though it didn't hurt bad enough the first time! Take care.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home